This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use wide-ranging analytical, technical, creative, conceptual and managerial skills in their chosen field in the music industry. Their knowledge base may be specialised or broad. These individuals are sometimes accountable for group outcomes.
- Music Conductor,
- Music Distributor,
- Music Arranger,
- Sound Designer,
- Music Business Manager,
- Music Researcher
Pathways into the qualification
- a Diploma qualification in music, e.g. CUA50915 Diploma of Music Industry
- extensive vocational experience in music practice.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Total number of units = 15
4 core units plus
11 elective units of which:
- 8 units must be selected from the electives listed below, with no more than 2 units from Group D
- 3 units may be selected from the remaining electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course at Diploma level or above.
This qualification can provide for specialisations. To achieve these specialisations, the following additional packaging rules must be adhered to.
- For specialisation in Performance, 6 elective units must be selected from Group A.
- For specialisation in Composition, 6 elective units must be selected from Group A and include a minimum of 4 CUAMCP units.
- For specialisation in Sound Production, 6 elective units must be selected from Group B.
- For specialisation in Music Business, 6 elective units must be selected from Group C.
Refer to the Implementation Guide for details about choosing electives to support specialisations.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid vocational outcome.
BSBIPR501 Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business
CUAMLT502 Apply concepts of music and society to professional practice
CUAPPR505 Establish and maintain safe professional practice
CUAPPR603 Engage in the business of creative practice
Specialist and Electives
CUAMPF601 Present a music performance
CUAMPF603 Refine performance techniques and expand repertoire
CUAMPF605 Develop advanced vocal techniques
CUAMPF607 Lead music rehearsals
CUSMLT601 Analyse music
CUSMLT602 Analyse harmony
CUAMCP503 Prepare compositions for publishing
CUAMCP601 Extend techniques for composing music
CUAMCP602 Extend techniques for arranging music
Audio / Sound
CUASOU504 Produce sound recording
Information management and research